SSTAN (SST Analysis tool) is the developed software and it is composed of several independent but related modules. Two main elements of the proposed SW system are the Population Generation and the Measurement Generation Tools. Being the origin of all simulations and analysis, these two tools provide large flexibility, with regards to the objects in space (covering cases to be analyzed through the modules devoted for service evaluation) and in relation to the sensor configuration (number, types and performance). Other modules are:
• Post-processing Measurements module provides statistical information for generation of raw measurements. It enables an analysis the observational data w.r.t to the frequency of observations, observational gaps, duration of tracks, timeliness to detect and other aspects. Information can be provided as a function of orbital regime and object size
• Collision Risk module can be used to analyze the collision risk of a satellite and the capability to reduce it, as determined by the performance of the SST object catalogue.
• The re-entry tool is focused on the generation of the report of decaying objects. The report provides the predicted entry epoch and location for every object that decays in the analysis period. Together with the estimated data, the real re-entry for every object is reported, and the error in the estimation.
• The fragmentation detection and identification module analyses newly detected catalogue object to establish if they are the result of a fragmentation event.
• Maneuver Identification is intended to recognize the objects that have had a maneuver between two estimated catalogues at different dates, determining the instant of time when the maneuver has taken place and the applied delta-V.
• Attitude Identification recognizes the rotation estate (attitude law) of an observed object, calculating its rotation period. It can be done by processing the signal of the attitude over the sensor provide information (RCS and VM).
Deimos Romania, an Elecnor Deimos’ company, is the responsible of the management of the project together with the development of the SST tool.